1. The transfers or excursions are subject to the “general conditions of transport”, an extract of which is reproduced below. In the event of incompatibility of a provision indicated below with the compelling provisions of the law applicable to the transport contract, it is the latter that take precedence.
2. The transporter’s liability, in the event that this is incurred, is borne by the enterprise effectively performing the transport and is subject to the courts and laws of the country where the transporter has its registered office or is ordinarily resident. The transporter operating these trips shall not be considered liable for every act, omission or irregularity affecting the passenger when the latter is outside the transport vehicle. The travel contract shall constitute the sole link between the transport company and the buyer or passenger.
3. The purchase of transfers is made through our website by credit card via a Paypal account. After purchase, a voucher shall be sent to you by email and is valid as an invoice and receipt. This voucher must be presented to the driver for round trips.
4. Please contact us directly by phone or email for any request for tailored excursions for which you have not received a reply after 48 hours.
5. The customer is bound to notify the transporter of any modification to his or her transfer paid online (changes and times of flights) by email or phone at least 48 hours before the date of travel. In the case of cancellation the following charges shall be applied: 30% of charges up to 36 hours before departure, 50% of charges from 36 to 2 hours before departure, 100% of charges 2 hours or less before departure.
6. For transfers from an airport and in the case of a late flight, the driver will wait up to 2 hours without an additional charge. From the start of the 2nd hour of waiting, additional charges shall be due and paid before departure as follows: EUR 50.- as of the 2nd hour, waiting may not exceed 1h30 without prior notification.
7. If the customer does not turn up at the indicated place and at the agreed time without having previously notified the transporter, the driver shall wait no more than 15 minutes for the customer.
8. The vehicles are fully insured according to practices in the transport sector. In the event of an accident, the enterprise’s liability is limited to the terms of its insurance contract.
9. Luggage, skis, etc. travel free of charge but at the passenger’s risks. 2 bags of a normal size and a ski or snowboard bag are accepted per person. All additional bags must be notified when buying online. Charges for luggage may be applicable for certain transfers. In the case of loss, damage or theft of luggage transported in the boots, the compensation to be fixed, subject to proof, shall not, under any circumstances, exceed CHF 500.-.
For a complaint to be taken into account, the passenger must inform the driver immediately and confirm in writing within 48 hours by email. No compensation shall be claimed when this time limit has expired. The transporter assumes no responsibility for hand luggage, except if the passenger can prove that the transporter is responsible for the damage caused.
10. Administrative formalities – all passengers must carry with them the necessary documents for border crossings. The transport firm declines all liability and shall not, under any circumstances, assume any additional costs resulting from the lack of documents or non-respect of the requirements of the customs, police, tax or administrative authorities. The transporter shall request an indemnity for lateness caused by the customs, police, tax or administrative authorities.
11. Parents or persons in charge of minors under 18 years of age are responsible for the minors’ behaviour in the transporter’s vehicles and are held liable for any damage caused.
12. The transporter shall place a baby seat at disposal free of charge if this has been requested by the customer when the purchase or order was made. Parents may bring their own seat for the child if they so wish.
13. Seat belts must be worn by all passengers in our vehicles
14. Smoking is prohibited in our vehicles.
15. If, for a reason outside the control of the transporter (blocked roads or road accidents), he is not able to leave the passengers at their destination, the transporter shall leave them at the place indicated by the measures taken or according to the indications of competent persons on the spot.
16. The customer is strongly advised to take out travel insurance. Unexpected circumstances (weather, traffic, accidents or other incidents) may affect how long the trip takes. The transporter declines all liability for damage caused by lateness or for any missed connection with any other means of transport. It shall therefore not bear the costs and other consequences that may result from the aforesaid.
17. The transport firm reserves the right to make any modifications judged necessary in the case of unexpected circumstances.
18. The competent court is in Geneva.